Friday, July 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Al Hurricane

Al Hurricane is 75 years old today and I wish him happy birthday. For many years he and his family has contributed to keeping New Mexico Hispano Music alive. As Little Joe and the Familia and Ruben Ramos have kept Texas Hispano Music Alive, we have our own style here in New Mexico. We should all be proud that our New Mexico style music never died. Let's make sure it stays that way.

I can remember listening to Al Hurricane way back to when I was a little girl. My mother often went to dances where he and his band played at a club called the Far West. I can remember in high school, listening to his music and going to dances where he played as well.

I plan to be at his event to celebrate his birthday as he was at my birthday event last year. It was reported that he played at my event, oh course the Reporter never called to verify the truth. The truth is he is a great friend of mine and has been for many years, he came to my birthday party, (alone, not with his band), and sang some songs with the band that was hired for my birthday event.

Happy Birthday Al Hurricane and God Bless you with many more years.

Mary Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment